HOUSTON (AP) - Retail gasoline prices across Texas have slipped a penny this week.
AAA Texas on Thursday reported the average price at the pump settled at $3.34 per gallon. The nationwide price of gasoline rose 1 cent this week to reach $3.52 per gallon.
The Texas survey found Corpus Christi has the state's cheapest gasoline at $3.18 per gallon. Dallas and Fort Worth tied for most expensive gasoline at $3.41 per gallon.
Experts say recent Midwest storms resulted in power outages that provided a catalyst for some higher retail gasoline prices.
- Updated Winters man one of 25 to receive Carnegie Hero medal
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend