HOUSTON (AP) - - Retail gasoline prices have slipped below $3 per gallon across much of Texas.
AAA Texas on Thursday reported the average price at the pump fell 6 cents this week to settle at $2.98 per gallon. The nationwide average also declined 6 cents, reaching an average $3.22 per gallon.
The association survey found Beaumont and Galveston with the cheapest gasoline in Texas at $2.94 per gallon. Drivers in the Austin area are paying the most at $3.01 per gallon.
AAA experts said retail costs continue to fall amid sufficient fuel supplies, lower crude oil prices and refineries shifting to less expensive winter-blend gasoline production.
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck