HOUSTON (AP) - - Retail gasoline prices have slipped below $3 per gallon across much of Texas.
AAA Texas on Thursday reported the average price at the pump fell 6 cents this week to settle at $2.98 per gallon. The nationwide average also declined 6 cents, reaching an average $3.22 per gallon.
The association survey found Beaumont and Galveston with the cheapest gasoline in Texas at $2.94 per gallon. Drivers in the Austin area are paying the most at $3.01 per gallon.
AAA experts said retail costs continue to fall amid sufficient fuel supplies, lower crude oil prices and refineries shifting to less expensive winter-blend gasoline production.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer