HOUSTON (AP) - - Retail gasoline prices have slipped below $3 per gallon across much of Texas.
AAA Texas on Thursday reported the average price at the pump fell 6 cents this week to settle at $2.98 per gallon. The nationwide average also declined 6 cents, reaching an average $3.22 per gallon.
The association survey found Beaumont and Galveston with the cheapest gasoline in Texas at $2.94 per gallon. Drivers in the Austin area are paying the most at $3.01 per gallon.
AAA experts said retail costs continue to fall amid sufficient fuel supplies, lower crude oil prices and refineries shifting to less expensive winter-blend gasoline production.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account