HOUSTON (AP) - Retail gasoline prices across Texas have declined 6 cents this week to settle at $3.45 per gallon.
AAA Texas on Thursday reported the statewide price at the pump compares to the national average of $3.56 per gallon.
The association survey found that Beaumont has the cheapest gasoline in Texas at $3.33 per gallon. Dallas and Fort Worth tied for the most expensive gasoline statewide this week at $3.50 per gallon.
AAA said retail gasoline prices across the country surged as 2013 began - driven by a decline in refinery production and higher gasoline futures prices.
Experts said recent falling retail gas prices have been a result of an increase in production now that regularly scheduled refinery maintenance has finished.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase