HOUSTON (AP) - Retail gasoline prices across Texas have declined 6 cents this week to settle at $3.45 per gallon.
AAA Texas on Thursday reported the statewide price at the pump compares to the national average of $3.56 per gallon.
The association survey found that Beaumont has the cheapest gasoline in Texas at $3.33 per gallon. Dallas and Fort Worth tied for the most expensive gasoline statewide this week at $3.50 per gallon.
AAA said retail gasoline prices across the country surged as 2013 began - driven by a decline in refinery production and higher gasoline futures prices.
Experts said recent falling retail gas prices have been a result of an increase in production now that regularly scheduled refinery maintenance has finished.
- Updated Abilene police make urgent request for help finding missing elderly woman
- Updated Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, warmer weather & sunny skies expected
- Updated Rescue network brings adoptable dogs from Texas to Minnesota
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field
- Brownwood man sentenced to 25 years for role in prison gang drug ring