HOUSTON (AP) - Retail gasoline prices across Texas have declined 6 cents this week to settle at $3.45 per gallon.
AAA Texas on Thursday reported the statewide price at the pump compares to the national average of $3.56 per gallon.
The association survey found that Beaumont has the cheapest gasoline in Texas at $3.33 per gallon. Dallas and Fort Worth tied for the most expensive gasoline statewide this week at $3.50 per gallon.
AAA said retail gasoline prices across the country surged as 2013 began - driven by a decline in refinery production and higher gasoline futures prices.
Experts said recent falling retail gas prices have been a result of an increase in production now that regularly scheduled refinery maintenance has finished.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated