HOUSTON (AP) - Officials say a man maneuvering his pickup truck to interfere with a vehicle driven by his wife instead collided head-on with another vehicle, killing that vehicle's driver and severely injuring her young son.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office said the man apparently had been trying to force his wife off the road Sunday morning as part of a dispute between them. Sheriff's officials say charges against the pickup driver were pending following the results of tests on his blood.
Officials said Tania M. Vercher of Baytown was killed and her son was taken to the hospital in critical condition following the wreck.
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Weather warning: Enhanced fire danger for much of Big Country
- Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman
- Woman's sassy obit warns people to wait to claim her stuff
- Son killed protecting mom at Texas Subway shop where both worked