HOUSTON (AP) - Officials say a man maneuvering his pickup truck to interfere with a vehicle driven by his wife instead collided head-on with another vehicle, killing that vehicle's driver and severely injuring her young son.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office said the man apparently had been trying to force his wife off the road Sunday morning as part of a dispute between them. Sheriff's officials say charges against the pickup driver were pending following the results of tests on his blood.
Officials said Tania M. Vercher of Baytown was killed and her son was taken to the hospital in critical condition following the wreck.
- Updated Winters man one of 25 to receive Carnegie Hero medal
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend