HOUSTON (AP) - Officials say a man maneuvering his pickup truck to interfere with a vehicle driven by his wife instead collided head-on with another vehicle, killing that vehicle's driver and severely injuring her young son.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office said the man apparently had been trying to force his wife off the road Sunday morning as part of a dispute between them. Sheriff's officials say charges against the pickup driver were pending following the results of tests on his blood.
Officials said Tania M. Vercher of Baytown was killed and her son was taken to the hospital in critical condition following the wreck.
- Updated Supporters mark slain girl's 10th birthday in Albuquerque
- Updated Police: 2 College Station deaths related to drugs, robbery
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Updated Fried Jell-O among top food winners for State Fair of Texas
- Updated Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene