HOUSTON (AP) - Officials say a man maneuvering his pickup truck to interfere with a vehicle driven by his wife instead collided head-on with another vehicle, killing that vehicle's driver and severely injuring her young son.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office said the man apparently had been trying to force his wife off the road Sunday morning as part of a dispute between them. Sheriff's officials say charges against the pickup driver were pending following the results of tests on his blood.
Officials said Tania M. Vercher of Baytown was killed and her son was taken to the hospital in critical condition following the wreck.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated