HOUSTON (AP) - A Texas fugitive who was captured in Romania has been charged in the shooting deaths of his wife and their adult son at the family's Houston-area house.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office says a capital murder warrant names 48-year-old Camil Matase. Investigators on Wednesday said Matase was caught in his homeland and the FBI is working to return him to Houston.
Authorities say the bodies of 47-year-old Emilia Matase and 26-year-old Emanuel Matase were discovered Nov. 14 in their home. A relative was concerned after not being able to reach the family.
Investigators are trying to determine a motive for the slayings.
Further details on the arrest weren't immediately announced.
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget