SAN ANTONIO - (AP) - One of two children struck by lightning in San Antonio has died.
KENS-TV reports (http://bit.ly/1fJJh9l ) that the boy was taken off life support around noon Saturday. The 8-year-old was struck in the chest Thursday night.
The other boy, a 10-year-old, remains hospitalized.
The boys were playing in a backyard Thursday night when the lightning struck. A neighbor said the loud sound of the strike made her jump out of her chair.
A relative tells the television station that the 10-year-old boy is able to speak and is expected to recover.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot