SAN ANTONIO - (AP) - One of two children struck by lightning in San Antonio has died.
KENS-TV reports (http://bit.ly/1fJJh9l ) that the boy was taken off life support around noon Saturday. The 8-year-old was struck in the chest Thursday night.
The other boy, a 10-year-old, remains hospitalized.
The boys were playing in a backyard Thursday night when the lightning struck. A neighbor said the loud sound of the strike made her jump out of her chair.
A relative tells the television station that the 10-year-old boy is able to speak and is expected to recover.
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Updated Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- San Angelo woman dies in three-vehicle collision near Ballinger
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer