SAN ANTONIO - (AP) - One of two children struck by lightning in San Antonio has died.
KENS-TV reports (http://bit.ly/1fJJh9l ) that the boy was taken off life support around noon Saturday. The 8-year-old was struck in the chest Thursday night.
The other boy, a 10-year-old, remains hospitalized.
The boys were playing in a backyard Thursday night when the lightning struck. A neighbor said the loud sound of the strike made her jump out of her chair.
A relative tells the television station that the 10-year-old boy is able to speak and is expected to recover.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't