SAN ANTONIO - (AP) - One of two children struck by lightning in San Antonio has died.
KENS-TV reports (http://bit.ly/1fJJh9l ) that the boy was taken off life support around noon Saturday. The 8-year-old was struck in the chest Thursday night.
The other boy, a 10-year-old, remains hospitalized.
The boys were playing in a backyard Thursday night when the lightning struck. A neighbor said the loud sound of the strike made her jump out of her chair.
A relative tells the television station that the 10-year-old boy is able to speak and is expected to recover.
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Updated Supporters mark slain girl's 10th birthday in Albuquerque
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Updated Why some are stealing medications from their pets