SAN ANTONIO - (AP) - A San Antonio police officer is recovering from injuries to his eyes after authorities say a bullet was fired into his patrol vehicle, shattering glass on his computer.
The San Antonio Express-News reports (http://bit.ly/1b3PifA ) two men - Rene Alfaro and Oscar Padilla - have been charged with attempted capital murder and deadly conduct for the early Saturday morning shooting.
Police say the officer, whose name wasn't released, suffered "critical eye injuries." The officer was apparently fired upon after responding to a call.
Police Chief William McManus says Alfaro and Padilla, both 25, were arrested after a chase. Each man is being held on bonds totaling $515,000.
Police say an AR-15 assault rifle was found in the truck the men were in.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking