SAN ANTONIO - (AP) - A San Antonio police officer is recovering from injuries to his eyes after authorities say a bullet was fired into his patrol vehicle, shattering glass on his computer.
The San Antonio Express-News reports (http://bit.ly/1b3PifA ) two men - Rene Alfaro and Oscar Padilla - have been charged with attempted capital murder and deadly conduct for the early Saturday morning shooting.
Police say the officer, whose name wasn't released, suffered "critical eye injuries." The officer was apparently fired upon after responding to a call.
Police Chief William McManus says Alfaro and Padilla, both 25, were arrested after a chase. Each man is being held on bonds totaling $515,000.
Police say an AR-15 assault rifle was found in the truck the men were in.
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- Updated New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen