SAN ANTONIO, Texas - Police say two young siblings were shot in the head while sitting in a car as their mother tried to drive away from her male partner in southeast San Antonio.
A boy, 6 or 7 years old, and girl, 10 or 11, were rushed to area hospitals Saturday with multiple gunshot wounds after the man shot several rounds into the car, police say.
San Antonio police spokesman Javier Salazar says the 6-foot, 185-pound suspect remains at large.
The girl, grazed by bullets, is in stable condition at University Hospital. Salazar says the boy had surgery at the San Antonio Military Medical Center and is also in stable condition.
The police have not released the names of the victims or the suspect. Salazar says the children's mother was uninjured, and her whereabouts are unknown.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth