SAN ANTONIO (AP) - A suburban San Antonio high school student has been charged with evidence tampering after school officials said he swallowed a digital memory card containing a photo of a nude girl.
Officials with the Northside Independent School District said the incident happened Sept. 24 at O'Connor High School in Helotes.
District spokesman Pascual Gonzalez told the San Antonio Express-News the 16-year-old boy was showing classmates the photo when a vice principal confronted him. Gonzalez said the teen took the memory card from his phone and swallowed it.
Officials said the photo was possibly of a female student who had sent it to her then-boyfriend. But Gonzalez said that couldn't be confirmed without the memory card.
There was enough evidence from witnesses to charge the teen.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range