DALLAS - (AP) - Actor William Shatner has helped hundreds of science fiction fans celebrate a new Texas Lottery $3 scratch-off game featuring a "Star Trek" TV show theme.
Shatner, who portrayed Capt. James T. Kirk in the television series, was not in costume Saturday but hundreds of fans were at the Dallas Convention Center.
Lottery spokeswoman Kelly Cripe says about 560 fans dressed as their favorite "Star Trek" characters for the chance at prizes. Shatner helped award promotional perks such as trips to a fan convention in Las Vegas.
Tickets for the new scratch-off game officially go on sale Monday. The Texas Lottery game includes more than $13.8 million in prizes.
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide