DALLAS - (AP) - Actor William Shatner has helped hundreds of science fiction fans celebrate a new Texas Lottery $3 scratch-off game featuring a "Star Trek" TV show theme.
Shatner, who portrayed Capt. James T. Kirk in the television series, was not in costume Saturday but hundreds of fans were at the Dallas Convention Center.
Lottery spokeswoman Kelly Cripe says about 560 fans dressed as their favorite "Star Trek" characters for the chance at prizes. Shatner helped award promotional perks such as trips to a fan convention in Las Vegas.
Tickets for the new scratch-off game officially go on sale Monday. The Texas Lottery game includes more than $13.8 million in prizes.
- Updated Winters man one of 25 to receive Carnegie Hero medal
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend