CORSICANA, Texas (AP) - Authorities say a North Texas woman was responsible for a murder-suicide in which she fatally shot her husband and three sons before killing herself.
The Navarro County Sheriff's Office said Tuesday 33-year-old Guadalupe Ronquillo-Ovalle shot her husband Israel Alvarez, as well as their three sons, ages 4, 8 and 10, before fatally shooting herself in the head.
Investigators said the deaths happened sometime last Thursday or early Friday. Their bodies were discovered Sunday night by a relative at the family's house near Rice, 40 miles southeast of Dallas.
Officials said a motive has not been determined.
The killings came less than two weeks after the father was charged with family violence.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated