CYPRESS, Texas (AP) - A Texas sheriff says the suspect in a stabbing attack at a Houston-area college is a man believed to be about 21-years-old who is enrolled at the school.
More than a dozen people were wounded in the Tuesday attack on the Lone Star Community College System's campus in Cypress.
Harris County Sheriff Adrian Garcia said officers responded to the campus after receiving a call about a white male "on the loose" stabbing people.
Garcia said the suspect is in custody.
- Updated Obama shortens more than 100 prison sentences
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Whistleblower lands a $22 million payday from SEC
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire