LONGVIEW, Texas (AP) - Hundreds of people have lit candles and said prayers in memory of a veteran nurse nearly a week after she was stabbed to death at an East Texas hospital.
Family and friends gathered Monday night outside Good Shepherd Medical Center in Longview to remember Gail Sandidge. She was fatally stabbed Nov. 26 while at a hospital surgical center in an attack that left four other people wounded.
The suspect, Kyron Rayshawn Templeton, remains in custody on murder and aggravated assault charges. Investigators have not released a possible motive for the attack that killed Sandidge, who worked for the hospital for 35 years.
A Good Shepherd Medical Center spokeswoman says the lone person still hospitalized remained in critical condition Tuesday.
Longview is 120 miles southeast of Dallas.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Police arrest San Angelo city employee after theft investigation
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- Texas ag chief OKs use of poison to bring a 'hog apocalypse'