LONGVIEW, Texas (AP) - Hundreds of people have lit candles and said prayers in memory of a veteran nurse nearly a week after she was stabbed to death at an East Texas hospital.
Family and friends gathered Monday night outside Good Shepherd Medical Center in Longview to remember Gail Sandidge. She was fatally stabbed Nov. 26 while at a hospital surgical center in an attack that left four other people wounded.
The suspect, Kyron Rayshawn Templeton, remains in custody on murder and aggravated assault charges. Investigators have not released a possible motive for the attack that killed Sandidge, who worked for the hospital for 35 years.
A Good Shepherd Medical Center spokeswoman says the lone person still hospitalized remained in critical condition Tuesday.
Longview is 120 miles southeast of Dallas.
- Updated Dem convention speeches Day 4: CNN's Reality Check Team vets the claims
- 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Abilene council members approve controversial rezoning ordinance
- Brownwood business selling T-shirts to support law enforcement
- Updated Hillary Clinton: 'The sky's the limit'