AMARILLO, Texas (AP) - Police say one person has died in the crash of a small plane in a Texas Panhandle neighborhood.
Amarillo police say the accident happened Thursday morning near Tradewind Airport as the pilot attempted to land. Authorities are trying to determine what caused the crash that left the plane crumpled in a yard by a mobile home.
The National Weather Service said Amarillo had thunderstorms Thursday morning with wind gusts topping 20 mph.
Police spokeswoman Tammy Chervenka confirmed one death but had no immediate details on the victim or whether anyone else was hurt. She says the crash happened near a highway interchange within the Amarillo city limits.
Further details weren't immediately available.
- Updated Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Lingering rain chances through the week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire