AMARILLO, Texas (AP) - Police say one person has died in the crash of a small plane in a Texas Panhandle neighborhood.
Amarillo police say the accident happened Thursday morning near Tradewind Airport as the pilot attempted to land. Authorities are trying to determine what caused the crash that left the plane crumpled in a yard by a mobile home.
The National Weather Service said Amarillo had thunderstorms Thursday morning with wind gusts topping 20 mph.
Police spokeswoman Tammy Chervenka confirmed one death but had no immediate details on the victim or whether anyone else was hurt. She says the crash happened near a highway interchange within the Amarillo city limits.
Further details weren't immediately available.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated