AMARILLO, Texas (AP) - Police say one person has died in the crash of a small plane in a Texas Panhandle neighborhood.
Amarillo police say the accident happened Thursday morning near Tradewind Airport as the pilot attempted to land. Authorities are trying to determine what caused the crash that left the plane crumpled in a yard by a mobile home.
The National Weather Service said Amarillo had thunderstorms Thursday morning with wind gusts topping 20 mph.
Police spokeswoman Tammy Chervenka confirmed one death but had no immediate details on the victim or whether anyone else was hurt. She says the crash happened near a highway interchange within the Amarillo city limits.
Further details weren't immediately available.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking