EDNA, Texas - EDNA, Texas (AP) - A South Texas man has been sentenced to 40 years in prison for the 2010 death of his battered infant son.
The Victoria Advocate reports Christian Blair Robinson of Edna pleaded guilty Friday to injury to a child under age 14. The 23-year-old father originally was charged with capital murder of a person under age 6 and faced trial later this year.
Prosecutors planned to seek the death penalty over the July 2010 death of Robinson's 5-month-old son, Camden. The boy suffered head and internal injuries and died at a Corpus Christi hospital.
An autopsy determined the boy died of abusive head trauma.
- Updated Obama shortens more than 100 prison sentences
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Whistleblower lands a $22 million payday from SEC
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire