EDNA, Texas - EDNA, Texas (AP) - A South Texas man has been sentenced to 40 years in prison for the 2010 death of his battered infant son.
The Victoria Advocate reports Christian Blair Robinson of Edna pleaded guilty Friday to injury to a child under age 14. The 23-year-old father originally was charged with capital murder of a person under age 6 and faced trial later this year.
Prosecutors planned to seek the death penalty over the July 2010 death of Robinson's 5-month-old son, Camden. The boy suffered head and internal injuries and died at a Corpus Christi hospital.
An autopsy determined the boy died of abusive head trauma.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth