EDNA, Texas - A South Texas wildfire threatened homes and burned several hundred acres before firefighters were able to control the blaze.
Authorities used a bulldozer create fire lines and dropped water from the air to tamp down the flames in rural Jackson County on Friday. Firefighters from at least six departments battled the wildfire.
No injuries were reported. At least one vacant home was destroyed. Authorities used an automated emergency call system to alert residents of the fire.
The Victoria Advocate reports firefighters remained at the scene into Friday evening to douse hot spots.
It was not immediately clear how the fire started.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- KTXS Forecast: Warm & windy weather brings enhanced fire danger