ARLINGTON, Texas - Arlington police have reunited a family with the puppy stolen from their home in a burglary more than four months ago.
The family and the English bulldog named Maggie were reunited last week. Scott Hancock told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram (http://bit.ly/1b8UtLY ) Tuesday that Maggie's return home has gone well.
Arlington police say they were surprised to find Maggie still with the suspect, who was arrested after an officer recognized his vehicle from previous burglary reports and made a traffic stop. During the stop, they found two stolen iPads, including one traced to the Hancock family.
Officers searching the suspect's apartment that night recovered stolen weapons, televisions, computers, jewelry, coins and Maggie.
Detective Julia Vecchioni says, "Usually when dogs are taken, it's very rare you are able to locate them again."
- Girl, 17, missing after police find three bodies at her home in California
- Updated Poll: Clinton, Trump virtually tied headed into debate
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Approaching cold front to bring below average temperatures
- Abilene Zoo celebrates Golden Zoobilation
- Officials: Texas man kills father during disturbance