MIDLAND, Texas (AP) - Heavy rain in West Texas has led to some flooding in the Midland and Odessa areas.
The National Weather Service issued a flash flood warning for the area Friday. Forecasters predict storms through Saturday.
Forecaster Greg Murdoch said the Midland area received more than 2.5 inches of rain early Friday.
Oncor has reported scattered power outages.
A statement Friday from emergency management officials in Odessa warned about street flooding and urged residents to avoid high water crossings.
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Updated 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Updated Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Updated HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans