NORMAN, Okla. (AP) - Severe thunderstorms with high winds, large hail and possibly tornadoes are forecast for Oklahoma, Texas and Arkansas.
The National Weather Service says two to four inches of rain is possible on Friday, creating a threat of flooding. Golf-ball sized hail and winds of up to 70 miles per hour are also possible.
The weather service's Storm Prediction Center says tornadoes are possible in southeastern Oklahoma, northeast Texas and western Arkansas.
The storms are expected to develop by mid-afternoon and continue into Friday night before moving out of the region early Saturday.
- Updated Brownwood man sentenced to 20 years in connection with 8-year-old boy's death
- Police report: $5,000 embezzled from Abilene youth football organization
- Abilene man, 21, sentenced to 15 years for shooting mother in head
- Police: Robbery at Abilene poker game organized by disgruntled player
- Abilene man pleads guilty to multiple child sex crimes
- 21 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- 2 Abilene men indicted for sharing child porn
- Abilene woman arrested after young child tests positive for cocaine, other drugs
- Abilene woman talks about scary moment inside elevator with panhandler
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Abilene woman empowered to share story by #MeToo movement
- Samuel Juarez Jr. guilty of manslaughter in death of Brownwood boy
- Ft. Hood soldier who led Brown County deputies on chase turns himself in
- Day 1 wraps for murder trial of Brownwood hit-and-run suspect
- Murder trial begins Tuesday for Brownwood hit-and-run suspect
- Brownwood plant manager: No injuries from minor explosion
- Funding approved for sidewalk at new Brown County elections office
- Austin couple arrested in Winters for 234 pounds of marijuana
- Hawley residents blame road conditions on FM 3326 for fatal crash
- Snyder man arrested for indecency with child
- Woodson ISD launches investigation into superintendent's sudden resignation
- Remains found in far West Texas believed to be missing elderly Colorado City woman
- Woodson ISD names new interim superintendent after abrupt resignation