CYPRESS, Texas (AP) - Neighbors say Dylan Quick was a shy young man who took out the trash and gardened with his parents. That image shattered when police accused the 20-year-old of going on a rampage with a knife at a suburban Houston community college. They say Quick later told them he had fantasized for years about stabbing people to death.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office said that about 11:20 a.m. Tuesday Quick began a building-to-building rampage with a razor-like knife at the Lone Star Community College System in Cypress. He wounded at least 14 people, two critically.
Neighbors were reacting with shock.
Authorities were seen leaving Quick's parents' home with two brown paper bags. It was not immediately known if Quick has an attorney.
- Updated Supporters mark slain girl's 10th birthday in Albuquerque
- Updated Police: 2 College Station deaths related to drugs, robbery
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Updated Fried Jell-O among top food winners for State Fair of Texas
- Updated Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene