CYPRESS, Texas (AP) - Neighbors say Dylan Quick was a shy young man who took out the trash and gardened with his parents. That image shattered when police accused the 20-year-old of going on a rampage with a knife at a suburban Houston community college. They say Quick later told them he had fantasized for years about stabbing people to death.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office said that about 11:20 a.m. Tuesday Quick began a building-to-building rampage with a razor-like knife at the Lone Star Community College System in Cypress. He wounded at least 14 people, two critically.
Neighbors were reacting with shock.
Authorities were seen leaving Quick's parents' home with two brown paper bags. It was not immediately known if Quick has an attorney.
- Updated Redevelopment for West Texas Hilton hotel opened in 1929
- Updated Video of black Texas woman thrown to ground sparks review
- Updated Police: McDonald's worker in Texas fired for refusing officer service
- Updated Police save Texas robbery suspect from burning car after chase
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin