LUBBOCK, Texas - LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) - United Supermarkets has recalled 13 products containing steamed chicken due to a possible food safety issues.
In a statement Friday, the company said no cases of foodborne illness related to the products had been reported. There was an initial report of undercooked chicken, but the company's subsequent testing of the products had not revealed additional incidents.
The company says the recall is being made out of an abundance of caution. The products would have been available at any United Supermarkets, Mark Street or Amigos location between Jan. 28 and Feb. 1. The stores have locations in North and West Texas.
The list of products are:
1) Chicken Enchilada Dip
2) Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip
3) Santa Barbara Lite Chicken Salad
4) Classic Lite Chicken Salad
5) Classic Chicken Salad
6) Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
7) Green Chile Chicken Quesadillas
8) Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
9) Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad
10) Basil Parmesan Chicken Salad
11) Artichoke Chicken Salad
12) Grape Chicken Salad
13) Apricot Walnut Chicken Salad
More information available at www.unitedtexas.com. Those who purchased the products can return them for a full refund.
- Updated Winters man one of 25 to receive Carnegie Hero medal
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend