DALLAS (AP) - Investigators say a suspect has been captured in the shooting of an off-duty Dallas police officer working security at some apartments.
Sgt. Warren Mitchell on Wednesday confirmed the arrest of Jason Keith Yarborough. Yarborough has been charged with aggravated assault on a public servant using a deadly weapon.
Sr. Cpl. Officer Matthew Wagner was shot twice early Tuesday but is expected to recover.
Wagner and another off-duty officer were questioning a man in a vehicle when a struggle broke out and a suspect began shooting. The gunman ran away.
Police said Yarborough's fingerprints were on the magazine of a gun dropped at the scene.
Further details on Yarborough, who was arrested late Tuesday and remains in custody, were not immediately available.
- Updated City of Abilene addresses high water bills
- Updated Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Updated Abilene police officer murdered one year ago
- Updated Black Texas woman sues after being thrown down amid arrest
- Updated Leaders hold special meeting after 10-year-old girl's gruesome death