BAYTOWN, Texas (AP) - A man is dead after a car chase ended in an exchange of gunfire with police in a Houston suburb.
Police identified the man as 45-year-old Frederick Wayne Grayson. Police Lt. Eric Freed said the shooting happened just before 11 a.m. Thursday after a police chase. He said officers went to an apartment in response to a reported domestic disturbance.
Freed said officers arrived to find Grayson pulling away in his car. After a brief pursuit, the car crashed, and officers rushed to the door. They found Grayson lying on his back in the front seat pointing the pistol at the driver's side window. Freed said he fired, then leaned out the window and pointed the gun at officers. They shot him.
Freed says no one else was injured.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget