BAYTOWN, Texas (AP) - A man is dead after a car chase ended in an exchange of gunfire with police in a Houston suburb.
Police identified the man as 45-year-old Frederick Wayne Grayson. Police Lt. Eric Freed said the shooting happened just before 11 a.m. Thursday after a police chase. He said officers went to an apartment in response to a reported domestic disturbance.
Freed said officers arrived to find Grayson pulling away in his car. After a brief pursuit, the car crashed, and officers rushed to the door. They found Grayson lying on his back in the front seat pointing the pistol at the driver's side window. Freed said he fired, then leaned out the window and pointed the gun at officers. They shot him.
Freed says no one else was injured.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances