LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) - The Masked Rider's horse isn't the only critter cavorting around the Texas Tech University football stadium.
Tech and Lubbock Animal Services crews are trying to find a way to outfox foxes seen living in and around Jones AT&T Stadium.
Tech athletic spokesman Blayne Beal said the school wants "to safely remove the foxes and return them to their natural habitat." But he says when and how are questions still to be answered.
Lubbock Animal Services Director George Torres said he has heard that two or three common gray foxes have been seen around the stadium. He said the critters likely are drawn to the area by food scraps left by game day fans.
The foxes have inspired multiple parody Twitter accounts and Internet memes.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated