LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) - The Masked Rider's horse isn't the only critter cavorting around the Texas Tech University football stadium.
Tech and Lubbock Animal Services crews are trying to find a way to outfox foxes seen living in and around Jones AT&T Stadium.
Tech athletic spokesman Blayne Beal said the school wants "to safely remove the foxes and return them to their natural habitat." But he says when and how are questions still to be answered.
Lubbock Animal Services Director George Torres said he has heard that two or three common gray foxes have been seen around the stadium. He said the critters likely are drawn to the area by food scraps left by game day fans.
The foxes have inspired multiple parody Twitter accounts and Internet memes.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot