AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - Texas shoppers can get a tax break this Memorial Day holiday weekend when buying certain power-saving appliances.
The state comptroller's office says the Energy Star sales tax holiday begins Saturday and runs through Monday. Qualifying products display the Energy Star logo.
Sales tax breaks are available for items including refrigerators priced at $2,000 or less, ceiling fans, air conditioners costing $6,000 or less, dishwashers and dehumidifiers. Other products are also eligible.
State officials say the tax-free holiday also applies to Internet and catalog sales of certain power-saving appliances. Some restrictions apply.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget