MCALLEN, Texas (AP) - U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz is beginning a two-day tour of the lower Texas-Mexico border to tout his record in the U.S. Senate and talk about border security.
The freshman Texas Republican senator also will continue his campaign to press Congress to defund programs of the Affordable Health Care Act in stops in Mission, McAllen and Laredo.
Cruz begins the tour with his Mission and McAllen stops on Tuesday, followed by a stop in Laredo on Wednesday.
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- KTXS Forecast: Very warm tomorrow but a cool down to look forward to by the end of the week
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9