FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - The North Texas teenager accused of kidnapping and killing a 6-year-old girl has been indicted on a charge of attempted capital murder in the shooting of a police officer.
Tarrant County prosecutors say 17-year-old Tyler Holder previously was charged with capital murder in the July slaying of Alanna Gallagher, but the charge has not yet been presented to a grand jury.
Thursday's indictment is connected to the July 23 shooting of Arlington Detective Charles Lodatto. He was with other officers who had gone to Holder's Saginaw home to arrest him in the girl's death.
Holder and Lodatto were injured in an exchange of gunfire. Lodatto recovered from his injuries and Holder was hospitalized before being transported to the Tarrant County jail, where he remains on $1 million bail.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget