FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - The North Texas teenager accused of kidnapping and killing a 6-year-old girl has been indicted on a charge of attempted capital murder in the shooting of a police officer.
Tarrant County prosecutors say 17-year-old Tyler Holder previously was charged with capital murder in the July slaying of Alanna Gallagher, but the charge has not yet been presented to a grand jury.
Thursday's indictment is connected to the July 23 shooting of Arlington Detective Charles Lodatto. He was with other officers who had gone to Holder's Saginaw home to arrest him in the girl's death.
Holder and Lodatto were injured in an exchange of gunfire. Lodatto recovered from his injuries and Holder was hospitalized before being transported to the Tarrant County jail, where he remains on $1 million bail.
- Son of former Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Updated Police: Chase from Amarillo ends with shooting in New Mexico
- Environmental groups raise concerns over West Texas oil find
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer