FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - A 16-year-old boy was killed when he was hit by a train while crossing railroad tracks in Fort Worth after four other friends crossed unharmed.
the boy was pronounced dead at the scene Sunday afternoon.
Police Cpl. Tracey Knight said five boys ages 15 to 16 were headed to a neighborhood store when they walked between the cars of a parked train and then ran across another set of tracks in front of the moving train.
Union Pacific spokeswoman Raquel Espinoza said a train engineer reported seeing a group of people near the track and sounded a whistle. She said they were not at a railroad crossing.
She says Union Pacific officials have begun an investigation.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget