AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - A man who took a $40,000 SUV on an unauthorized test drive in Central Texas has been accused of selling the vehicle for two rocks of crack cocaine.
Travis County Jail records show 50-year-old Carlos Sergio Valdes was being held Monday on a theft charge. Online jail records did not list an attorney for Valdes, who was arrested Saturday by Austin police.
Valdes sought to test drive a 2013 Chevrolet Tahoe when he drove away without permission. An affidavit said Valdes nearly two hours later called police to claim the SUV had been stolen.
Police later pulled over a woman driving the SUV and she said Valdes sold her the vehicle for two rocks of crack.
Details weren't immediately available on any additional charges.
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking