HOUSTON (AP) - A Texas man has been sentenced to 13 years in prison for taking a neighbor's underage daughter on a multistate trip for a week and having sex with her.
A federal judge in Houston sentenced 34-year-old Jacob Daniel West of Conroe. The 14-year-old girl was the subject of an Amber Alert during her January disappearance. West in July pleaded guilty to transporting a minor with intent to engage in sexual activity.
Prosecutors on Wednesday said West lived near the girl's parents although she was in her grandmother's custody. Authorities say West stole guns, cash and credit cards from a dead friend.
West and the girl traveled to Arkansas, Tennessee, New York, Virginia and the Carolinas. Investigators in Fort Pierce, Fla., located the pair at a hotel.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday