HOUSTON (AP) - A Texas man has been sentenced to 13 years in prison for taking a neighbor's underage daughter on a multistate trip for a week and having sex with her.
A federal judge in Houston sentenced 34-year-old Jacob Daniel West of Conroe. The 14-year-old girl was the subject of an Amber Alert during her January disappearance. West in July pleaded guilty to transporting a minor with intent to engage in sexual activity.
Prosecutors on Wednesday said West lived near the girl's parents although she was in her grandmother's custody. Authorities say West stole guns, cash and credit cards from a dead friend.
West and the girl traveled to Arkansas, Tennessee, New York, Virginia and the Carolinas. Investigators in Fort Pierce, Fla., located the pair at a hotel.
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash