FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - An 80-year-old North Texas woman has been charged with trying to kill her husband during an argument but police say the gun jammed.
Mansfield jail records show Tempie Strickland of Fort Worth was being held Tuesday on an attempted murder charge. Bond was set at $100,000 for Strickland, who was arrested following Sunday's incident. Nobody was hurt.
Police say the woman was fed up with her 73-year-old husband staying out late.
Officer Sharron Neal said the wife allegedly retrieved a revolver from the couple's bedroom, put the gun to her husband's chest but the weapon wouldn't fire.
Neal said Sterling Strickland didn't want his wife charged. Police must make arrests in suspected domestic violence situations.
Jail records don't list an attorney for the wife.
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Updated Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Updated Cooper High School holds 2nd annual car show to benefit band
- Updated Texas man stung to death by bees
- Updated Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi