FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - An 80-year-old North Texas woman has been charged with trying to kill her husband during an argument but police say the gun jammed.
Mansfield jail records show Tempie Strickland of Fort Worth was being held Tuesday on an attempted murder charge. Bond was set at $100,000 for Strickland, who was arrested following Sunday's incident. Nobody was hurt.
Police say the woman was fed up with her 73-year-old husband staying out late.
Officer Sharron Neal said the wife allegedly retrieved a revolver from the couple's bedroom, put the gun to her husband's chest but the weapon wouldn't fire.
Neal said Sterling Strickland didn't want his wife charged. Police must make arrests in suspected domestic violence situations.
Jail records don't list an attorney for the wife.
- Updated Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Updated Wanted: Former Abilene day care teacher among 4 being sought
- Lawmakers: Wells Fargo a 'criminal enterprise' like Enron
- Police: Woman, 64, seriously injured in Big Spring disturbance, man arrested
- Texas prison records show more than 330 transgender inmates
- Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Abilene city manager proposes study of tiered water rates
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash