HOUSTON (AP) - A pregnant Houston-area woman has been charged with offering her 3-year-old son for adoption on Craigslist in an advertisement signed "Desperate."
A Houston police officer noticed the ad posted May 1. A subpoena to Craigslist led to release of personal information that helped officers locate 29-year-old Stephanie Redus of Huffman.
The ad said the single mother was "not in a good place" in her life and couldn't care for the boy.
A criminal complaint filed Monday charges Redus with misdemeanor advertising for placement of a child. No attorney could immediately be located for Redus, who's free on $1,000 bail.
Redus told police she never meant to give up her son but she has anxiety issues and can't take medication because she's pregnant.
The boy has been placed with his father.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer