JOURDANTON, Texas (AP) - A South Texas woman has been charged in the stabbing death of her toddler son.
Atascosa County jail records show 26-year-old Tashawna Cadwell was being held Monday on a charge of capital murder of a child younger than 6 years old. Jail records don't list an attorney for Caldwell, whose bond was set at $1 million.
Investigators are trying to determine what prompted the attack early Sunday at a home near Poteet. Deputies responded to a disturbance call. Sheriff David Soward says the boy, Caiden Parker, was dead at the scene. The victim would have turned 2 years old on Wednesday.
A second woman and an older child, who suffered minor injuries, were at the home where Caldwell was arrested.
Poteet is 25 miles south of San Antonio.
- Updated Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Updated Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- High levels of ammonia in Texas home where some 430 animals found