JOURDANTON, Texas (AP) - A South Texas woman has been charged in the stabbing death of her toddler son.
Atascosa County jail records show 26-year-old Tashawna Cadwell was being held Monday on a charge of capital murder of a child younger than 6 years old. Jail records don't list an attorney for Caldwell, whose bond was set at $1 million.
Investigators are trying to determine what prompted the attack early Sunday at a home near Poteet. Deputies responded to a disturbance call. Sheriff David Soward says the boy, Caiden Parker, was dead at the scene. The victim would have turned 2 years old on Wednesday.
A second woman and an older child, who suffered minor injuries, were at the home where Caldwell was arrested.
Poteet is 25 miles south of San Antonio.
- Son of former Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Updated Police: Chase from Amarillo ends with shooting in New Mexico
- Environmental groups raise concerns over West Texas oil find
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer