DENTON, Texas - (AP) - A North Texas man caught at a hospital seeking help for his stab wounds has been sentenced to life in prison for killing his girlfriend and wounding her son.
A jury in Denton on Friday convicted 25-year-old Manuel Nelson Flores-Carrasco of capital murder and aggravated assault. He received an automatic life prison term without parole for capital murder because prosecutors didn't seek the death penalty. The 20-year term for assault will be served concurrently.
Lewisville police say 39-year-old Norma Gomez and her then-16-year-old son were attacked last August at their apartment. Both victims were transported to a hospital and the woman later died.
Police say her boyfriend sought medical attention for stab wounds that investigators say could have been self-inflicted or happened during a struggle.
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget