SAN ANTONIO (AP) - A South Texas man has been sentenced to 10 years of probation for luring a 13-year-old girl he met on Facebook to a motel where the pair allegedly had sex.
A judge in San Antonio accepted the plea deal from 22-year-old Jeremy Andrew Martinez. The San Antonio man originally was charged with aggravated sexual assault of a child in the 2012 incident. He pleaded no contest Monday to injury to a child.
Court documents show Martinez found the seventh-grader's phone number on Facebook and texted her. He allegedly asked her to be his girlfriend, then Martinez arranged a 3 a.m. meeting at the motel.
The girl told police that the two had sex despite her telling Martinez no.
Martinez was also fined $1,200.
- Emmy-winning actor and Fort Worth native Bill Paxton, 61, dies from surgery complications
- San Angelo city councilman resigns after racial comments about police
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Former Sweetwater teacher indicted on 3 child sex charges
- Updated Truck rams New Orleans crowd during Mardi Gras parade; 28 injured
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash