FORT WORTH, Texas - (AP) - A Texan who became the nation's first full face transplant recipient after a 2008 power line accident has wed another burn victim he met at a support group.
Dallas Wiens (WEENS) and Jamie Nash exchanged vows Saturday at the Fort Worth church where he was critically hurt.
Pastor Scott Cox says about 200 people attended the wedding at Ridglea Baptist Church. Cox says the couple told him they believe God brought them together.
Wiens, who had attended the church, was painting the structure when he touched a power line. He suffered facial injuries and was left blind. Wiens in March 2011 underwent a full facial transplant at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston.
Nash has hand and back burns from a 2010 traffic accident. The couple got engaged last fall.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking