FORT WORTH, Texas - (AP) - A Texan who became the nation's first full face transplant recipient after a 2008 power line accident has wed another burn victim he met at a support group.
Dallas Wiens (WEENS) and Jamie Nash exchanged vows Saturday at the Fort Worth church where he was critically hurt.
Pastor Scott Cox says about 200 people attended the wedding at Ridglea Baptist Church. Cox says the couple told him they believe God brought them together.
Wiens, who had attended the church, was painting the structure when he touched a power line. He suffered facial injuries and was left blind. Wiens in March 2011 underwent a full facial transplant at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston.
Nash has hand and back burns from a 2010 traffic accident. The couple got engaged last fall.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017