BACLIFF, Texas (AP) - Two people have been arrested as authorities try to identify a man's body found wrapped in plastic in a Southeast Texas mobile home.
The Galveston County Sheriff's Office says autopsy results are pending on the victim who apparently died during some type of altercation. The sheriff's office says a man and a woman have been charged with evidence tampering and both were also detained Tuesday on immigration holds.
Kemah police on Sunday asked deputies for help after the two suspects told officers about a body in the home in Bacliff, about 30 miles southeast of Houston.
Deputies located the wrapped body. Investigators say the residence had signs that someone tried to clean up the alleged crime scene.
Officials believe the male suspect owns the mobile home.
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash