BACLIFF, Texas (AP) - Two people have been arrested as authorities try to identify a man's body found wrapped in plastic in a Southeast Texas mobile home.
The Galveston County Sheriff's Office says autopsy results are pending on the victim who apparently died during some type of altercation. The sheriff's office says a man and a woman have been charged with evidence tampering and both were also detained Tuesday on immigration holds.
Kemah police on Sunday asked deputies for help after the two suspects told officers about a body in the home in Bacliff, about 30 miles southeast of Houston.
Deputies located the wrapped body. Investigators say the residence had signs that someone tried to clean up the alleged crime scene.
Officials believe the male suspect owns the mobile home.
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Updated Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Updated Cooper High School holds 2nd annual car show to benefit band
- Updated Texas man stung to death by bees
- Updated Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi