BACLIFF, Texas (AP) - Two people have been arrested as authorities try to identify a man's body found wrapped in plastic in a Southeast Texas mobile home.
The Galveston County Sheriff's Office says autopsy results are pending on the victim who apparently died during some type of altercation. The sheriff's office says a man and a woman have been charged with evidence tampering and both were also detained Tuesday on immigration holds.
Kemah police on Sunday asked deputies for help after the two suspects told officers about a body in the home in Bacliff, about 30 miles southeast of Houston.
Deputies located the wrapped body. Investigators say the residence had signs that someone tried to clean up the alleged crime scene.
Officials believe the male suspect owns the mobile home.
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire
- Updated Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase
- Updated Police: Man charged in Texas mosque threat later apologized