HEREFORD, Texas (AP) - Funeral is scheduled for Thursday in Hereford for a Panhandle high school freshman athlete who died nine days after a flying discus hit him in the hip.
Funeral for Joshua Ramirez will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at the Church of God of the First Born. Dan Eytcheson of Hereford Heritage Funeral Home says burial will be immediately afterward at Restlawn Memorial Park.
Hereford school district officials say the 15-year-old Hereford High School freshman died Sunday at Hereford Regional Medical Center. A district statement says Ramirez was stretching for an event in Plainview on March 8 when the discus hit him. He went to the hospital for a follow-up exam March 10, said his pain was worsening, was admitted, placed under intensive care and died Sunday.
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Updated Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Updated Cooper High School holds 2nd annual car show to benefit band
- Updated Texas man stung to death by bees
- Updated Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi