ABILENE, Texas - Thursday, Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott said he's going to appeal a court decision that would lift a ban on same sex marriages in the state.
That comes one day after a federal judge in Texas ruled the state's ban on gay marriage was unconstitutional.
The ruling Wednesday allowed the law to stay in place to give Abbott time to appeal the decision to the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Updated Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Updated City of Abilene addresses high water bills
- Updated Abilene police officer murdered one year ago
- Updated Black Texas woman sues after being thrown down amid arrest
- Updated Leaders hold special meeting after 10-year-old girl's gruesome death