ABILENE, Texas - Thursday, Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott said he's going to appeal a court decision that would lift a ban on same sex marriages in the state.
That comes one day after a federal judge in Texas ruled the state's ban on gay marriage was unconstitutional.
The ruling Wednesday allowed the law to stay in place to give Abbott time to appeal the decision to the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Updated Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- San Angelo city councilman asked to resign over racial Facebook comments
- Updated Storms result in phone problems at Brownwood Police Department
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Updated Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- 140-year-old hardware store to stay open under new ownership
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field