ABILENE, Texas - Thursday, Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott said he's going to appeal a court decision that would lift a ban on same sex marriages in the state.
That comes one day after a federal judge in Texas ruled the state's ban on gay marriage was unconstitutional.
The ruling Wednesday allowed the law to stay in place to give Abbott time to appeal the decision to the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Updated Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Updated Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Updated Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide