KEMAH, Texas (AP) - A harmless device spotted in the water off a Southeast Texas marina led to the area being evacuated for several hours.
The device was spotted late Wednesday off the Kemah Boardwalk, southeast of Houston on Galveston Bay.
Kemah emergency management coordinator Bill Kerber says the device looked to some like a bomb.
The boardwalk was emptied while police divers investigated.
Divers found what appeared to be a device once used for military training. It appears to have been lost from an old salvage yard.
Kerber says the device will be scrapped.
- Updated Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Lingering rain chances through the week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire