KEMAH, Texas (AP) - A harmless device spotted in the water off a Southeast Texas marina led to the area being evacuated for several hours.
The device was spotted late Wednesday off the Kemah Boardwalk, southeast of Houston on Galveston Bay.
Kemah emergency management coordinator Bill Kerber says the device looked to some like a bomb.
The boardwalk was emptied while police divers investigated.
Divers found what appeared to be a device once used for military training. It appears to have been lost from an old salvage yard.
Kerber says the device will be scrapped.
- Updated Winters man one of 25 to receive Carnegie Hero medal
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend