ANNA, Texas (AP) - Investigators say a 2-year-old North Texas boy has died after being discovered in a hot car and his father could face upgraded charges.
The Dallas County Medical Examiner's Office on Wednesday had not yet released a cause of death for Jordan Cartee of Anna.
Jordan was found unconscious Sept. 12 in a vehicle outside his home as temperatures were in the 90s. Jordan died Monday afternoon at a Dallas hospital.
Collin County jail records show 32-year-old Joshua Cartee of Anna was being held Wednesday on a charge of injury to a child. Online jail records don't list an attorney for Cartee, who was booked Friday with bond set at $100,000.
Sheriff's Lt. John Norton said no decision has been made on whether to upgrade the charge against the father.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend