ANNA, Texas (AP) - Investigators say a 2-year-old North Texas boy has died after being discovered in a hot car and his father could face upgraded charges.
The Dallas County Medical Examiner's Office on Wednesday had not yet released a cause of death for Jordan Cartee of Anna.
Jordan was found unconscious Sept. 12 in a vehicle outside his home as temperatures were in the 90s. Jordan died Monday afternoon at a Dallas hospital.
Collin County jail records show 32-year-old Joshua Cartee of Anna was being held Wednesday on a charge of injury to a child. Online jail records don't list an attorney for Cartee, who was booked Friday with bond set at $100,000.
Sheriff's Lt. John Norton said no decision has been made on whether to upgrade the charge against the father.
- Residents in Big Country report fireball in sky, loud boom
- Updated 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar after mistaken announcement
- From Snyder to Hollywood: Theater program grooms actors
- Updated Air Force sergeant convicted of misconduct with 8 women
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program