ANNA, Texas (AP) - Investigators say a 2-year-old North Texas boy has died after being discovered in a hot car and his father could face upgraded charges.
The Dallas County Medical Examiner's Office on Wednesday had not yet released a cause of death for Jordan Cartee of Anna.
Jordan was found unconscious Sept. 12 in a vehicle outside his home as temperatures were in the 90s. Jordan died Monday afternoon at a Dallas hospital.
Collin County jail records show 32-year-old Joshua Cartee of Anna was being held Wednesday on a charge of injury to a child. Online jail records don't list an attorney for Cartee, who was booked Friday with bond set at $100,000.
Sheriff's Lt. John Norton said no decision has been made on whether to upgrade the charge against the father.
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- Updated New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen