GARLAND, Texas (AP) - Police say a 3-year-old Dallas-area boy has died after being shot in the head while at his home.
Garland police are investigating circumstances of Wednesday night's shooting while both parents and at least two other children were at the residence. Police say one of the parents called 911.
Officer Joe Harn said police are trying to determine whether the shooting was an accident and if anyone will be charged. Harn said there's no record of previous violence reported at the home.
The name of the boy and further details on the investigation weren't immediately released.
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene