RICHMOND, Texas (AP) - A billboard along a Houston-area highway carries a message to "Love Sex."
The billboard in Richmond advertises nondenominational River Pointe Church and a three-part series on healthy relationships.
The billboard says: "You are invited to Love Sex." The sermons beginning this weekend will focus a biblical world view on love, sex, dating and marriage.
Church officials didn't immediately return messages for comment Wednesday. The church's website says the series does not intend to sensationalize sex but is meant to provide a "proactive and hopeful voice" for families and children.
Some drivers who've seen the billboard have wondered about the sign. Kimberly Marine told KHOU that when she realized a church was behind the message she thought it was "bold" to put on a billboard.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget