RICHMOND, Texas (AP) - A billboard along a Houston-area highway carries a message to "Love Sex."
The billboard in Richmond advertises nondenominational River Pointe Church and a three-part series on healthy relationships.
The billboard says: "You are invited to Love Sex." The sermons beginning this weekend will focus a biblical world view on love, sex, dating and marriage.
Church officials didn't immediately return messages for comment Wednesday. The church's website says the series does not intend to sensationalize sex but is meant to provide a "proactive and hopeful voice" for families and children.
Some drivers who've seen the billboard have wondered about the sign. Kimberly Marine told KHOU that when she realized a church was behind the message she thought it was "bold" to put on a billboard.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated