RICHMOND, Texas (AP) - A billboard along a Houston-area highway carries a message to "Love Sex."
The billboard in Richmond advertises nondenominational River Pointe Church and a three-part series on healthy relationships.
The billboard says: "You are invited to Love Sex." The sermons beginning this weekend will focus a biblical world view on love, sex, dating and marriage.
Church officials didn't immediately return messages for comment Wednesday. The church's website says the series does not intend to sensationalize sex but is meant to provide a "proactive and hopeful voice" for families and children.
Some drivers who've seen the billboard have wondered about the sign. Kimberly Marine told KHOU that when she realized a church was behind the message she thought it was "bold" to put on a billboard.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot