ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - Albuquerque has been named America's best city for four-legged travelers.
One Texas city made the Top 10 list: Austin.
The travel booking site Priceline.com compiled the top 10 list of the city's most friendly for travelers with pets based on the number of pet-friendly hotels, the number of off-leash dog parks per hundred thousand residents and the city's walkability.
Most of the cities are in the West. Portland, Ore., ranked No. 2, followed by Tucson, Ariz.; Tampa, Fla.; Indianapolis; Salt Lake City; Austin, Texas; Tulsa, Okla.; Louisville, Ky.; and San Francisco.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking