DALLAS (AP) - Texas communities have celebrated veterans with parades, speeches and other patriotic salutes to those who've served their country.
Some cities planned Veterans Day ceremonies Monday, including a parade in downtown Dallas.
Other communities celebrated over the weekend. The Houston Salutes American Heroes celebration was held Sunday, on the official date of the anniversary of the armistice that ended World War I in 1918.
Veterans in Austin were honored with a parade on Sunday.
San Antonio and El Paso held parades on Saturday. Flags and honor guards were part of Abilene's parade and celebration, also on Saturday.
Federal government offices were closed Monday for Veterans Day.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store