DALLAS (AP) - Texas communities have celebrated veterans with parades, speeches and other patriotic salutes to those who've served their country.
Some cities planned Veterans Day ceremonies Monday, including a parade in downtown Dallas.
Other communities celebrated over the weekend. The Houston Salutes American Heroes celebration was held Sunday, on the official date of the anniversary of the armistice that ended World War I in 1918.
Veterans in Austin were honored with a parade on Sunday.
San Antonio and El Paso held parades on Saturday. Flags and honor guards were part of Abilene's parade and celebration, also on Saturday.
Federal government offices were closed Monday for Veterans Day.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS