DALLAS (AP) - Texas communities have celebrated veterans with parades, speeches and other patriotic salutes to those who've served their country.
Some cities planned Veterans Day ceremonies Monday, including a parade in downtown Dallas.
Other communities celebrated over the weekend. The Houston Salutes American Heroes celebration was held Sunday, on the official date of the anniversary of the armistice that ended World War I in 1918.
Veterans in Austin were honored with a parade on Sunday.
San Antonio and El Paso held parades on Saturday. Flags and honor guards were part of Abilene's parade and celebration, also on Saturday.
Federal government offices were closed Monday for Veterans Day.
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- Updated New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen