FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - A Tarrant County couple have been arrested on animal cruelty charges after authorities say three puppies were found dead and burned in a barrel over the weekend.
Melissa Woodard, 38, and Christoper Apala, 33, were arrested Saturday at a home in northwest Tarrant County that records show belongs to Woodard. The two remained in jail Tuesday on $15,000 bond each. Jail records did not list attorneys for them.
On Saturday, Woodard's sister called 911 to say she found the puppies in a barrel.
Terry Grisham of the Tarrant County Sheriff's Office said they haven't determined whether the puppies were killed before or after they were burned.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated