FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - A Tarrant County couple have been arrested on animal cruelty charges after authorities say three puppies were found dead and burned in a barrel over the weekend.
Melissa Woodard, 38, and Christoper Apala, 33, were arrested Saturday at a home in northwest Tarrant County that records show belongs to Woodard. The two remained in jail Tuesday on $15,000 bond each. Jail records did not list attorneys for them.
On Saturday, Woodard's sister called 911 to say she found the puppies in a barrel.
Terry Grisham of the Tarrant County Sheriff's Office said they haven't determined whether the puppies were killed before or after they were burned.
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon