FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - A Tarrant County couple have been arrested on animal cruelty charges after authorities say three puppies were found dead and burned in a barrel over the weekend.
Melissa Woodard, 38, and Christoper Apala, 33, were arrested Saturday at a home in northwest Tarrant County that records show belongs to Woodard. The two remained in jail Tuesday on $15,000 bond each. Jail records did not list attorneys for them.
On Saturday, Woodard's sister called 911 to say she found the puppies in a barrel.
Terry Grisham of the Tarrant County Sheriff's Office said they haven't determined whether the puppies were killed before or after they were burned.
- Updated Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Updated Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Updated Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Updated Abilene allergist gives tips for dealing with fall allergies
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend