FORT WORTH, Texas - (AP) A Texas Sheriff says one of his deputies has died after being shot by a man later killed by police.
Hood County Sheriff Roger Deeds said Saturday that Sgt. Lance McLean died at a hospital in Fort Worth.
The Texas Department of Public Safety said Friday McLean was shot in the head by 49-year-old Ricky Don McCommas when he responded to a disturbance call at a home near Granbury. McCommas fled into town where he shot Granbury police Officer Chad Davis in the arm. Officers fatally shot McCommas.
Johnson County court records indicate McCommas was indicted in April for sexual assault of a child. A warrant was issued for his arrest when he failed to appear in court Friday.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated