Texas - Friday is the beginning of spring break for many Texas students and the Texas Department of Public Safety said they will be increasing DWI patrols during that time.
That will last from March 8 to March 17.
DPS officers said last year they made more than 1,000 DWI arrests during spring break and at least 300 were the direct result of increased patrols.
Additional officers will also be patrolling areas where spring breakers gather in large numbers.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking