Texas - Friday is the beginning of spring break for many Texas students and the Texas Department of Public Safety said they will be increasing DWI patrols during that time.
That will last from March 8 to March 17.
DPS officers said last year they made more than 1,000 DWI arrests during spring break and at least 300 were the direct result of increased patrols.
Additional officers will also be patrolling areas where spring breakers gather in large numbers.
- Updated Police: Man now faces murder change in Big Spring after woman, 64, dies
- Abilene police chief posts on social media after 10 morning crashes
- Girl, 8, gets $10K scholarship to University of North Texas after video
- Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Two-headed rat snake gets new home at Central Texas zoo
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget