BOERNE, Texas (AP) - Investigators say a 47-year-old man died when the small plane he was flying clipped some trees and a power line before crashing and bursting into flames in Central Texas.
The Texas Department of Public Safety says William Doppelt of Helotes died in the crash of his plane late Sunday afternoon just east of Boerne (BER'-nee), about 25 miles northwest of San Antonio. However, Trooper Deon Cockrell said a cat survived the crash with minor burns and was receiving treatment at a veterinary clinic in Boerne.
Cockrell said Doppelt's single-engine Bellanca Viking was flying low when it crashed along Texas 46.
Authorities are trying to determine what caused the crash.
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017