BOERNE, Texas (AP) - Investigators say a 47-year-old man died when the small plane he was flying clipped some trees and a power line before crashing and bursting into flames in Central Texas.
The Texas Department of Public Safety says William Doppelt of Helotes died in the crash of his plane late Sunday afternoon just east of Boerne (BER'-nee), about 25 miles northwest of San Antonio. However, Trooper Deon Cockrell said a cat survived the crash with minor burns and was receiving treatment at a veterinary clinic in Boerne.
Cockrell said Doppelt's single-engine Bellanca Viking was flying low when it crashed along Texas 46.
Authorities are trying to determine what caused the crash.
- Texan fatally shot girlfriend, her friend, his son, 3, self
- Police: Man robs New York City bank in ball gown, heels
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Brownwood police searching for Jeep connected to pharmacy thefts
- Abilene veteran warns of Facebook scam about benefits