FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - A 40-year-old Tarrant County man has been sentenced to life in prison without parole for performing sex acts on his 3-month-old daughter.
A Tarrant County jury Wednesday deliberated 45 minutes before deciding on the maximum sentence for Christopher Miller of White Settlement. A day earlier, the same jury convicted him of four counts of aggravated sexual assault on a child under 6.
Evidence showed Miller was addicted to pornography and had been working with his church to resolve his addiction. Evidence showed he performed deviant sex acts on his infant daughter, including taking photos.
During the punishment phase of his trial, evidence showed he also performed sex acts on his then-infant son.
Miller told his church what he was doing and child welfare authorities were notified, leading to his arrest.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash